Can the CONFORM® system be used in any climate?
CONFORM® can be used in any extreme climate, hot or cold! In fact, the CONFORM® system has been used on thousands of projects in over 60 countries around the world as far north as Siberia and in extremely hot climates in the Caribbean, Africa and the Middle East. The CONFORM® system performs extremely well in earthquake, hurricane and tornado prone areas.
How are reinforcing bars installed?
Reinforcing bars can be installed vertically and horizontally in the walls. All the inner webs in a CONFORM® wall align, which facilitates the installation of horizontal reinforcing bars. For more information click here
How do you attach a roof and floor to a CONFORM® wall?
Conventional roof structures can be easily applied to CONFORM® walls. Simply imbed a top plate at the top of a CONFORM® wall using anchor bolts. This top plate can then receive the roof trusses. Floors are also easily attached to CONFORM® walls by either pre-installing a ledger board anchored to the wall or by placing joists directly in the walls. Typical Details are available for download from the dealer section of our website. For more information click here
How do you brace CONFORM® walls?
If CONFORM® is used as a non-load bearing wall, the wall panels do not require bracing as the wall sections are attached to the girt on the structural steel. The only bracing required in this situation is around openings and at corners. If CONFORM® is used as a load bearing walls, the forms have to be braced at the bottom and top of the wall and at all openings. If the wall is excessively high, mid span bracing may also be necessary. A variety of commonly available bracing systems (e.g. wood, metal) and methods can be used. For more information click here
How do you build large-scale industrial and commercial projects?
CONFORM® is very flexible and can be designed as a load bearing or non-load bearing wall. The System can also be integrated easily with pre-engineered buildings or structural steel. To facilitate on-site construction and to reduce labor for large-scale projects, CONFORM® can be pre-assembled into 8′ wide wall panels and to the full height of the building. In essence, the system is installed in a similar manner to a precast wall, without the restrictions (i.e. weight, shipping loads, interior connection, etc…). For more information click here
How do you engineer CONFORM® walls?
CONFORM® can be engineered in 3 ways:
- Plain Concrete Design (e.g. foundation wall)
- Polymer Reinforced Concrete Design (e.g. concrete home)
- Steel Reinforced Concrete Design (e.g. multi-storey)
The first and third design methods are governed by existing building codes and use standard design criteria, ACI 318 in the USA and CSA A23.3 in Canada. The second design method uses the polymer to reinforce the concrete – design calculations are contained in the Engineering Guide. For more information click here
How do you integrate openings into the CONFORM® walls?
There are 2 methods to integrate doors, windows and openings into the CONFORM® System:
- During the design stage, openings can be easily configured between CONFORM® components to suit virtually any size opening required. Under this scenario, the rough opening is pre-cut in the plant and ready to be framed out on site.
- The other method is to cut rough openings on site. This method allows for greater flexibility should a specific opening location be required (e.g. fan opening in a poultry barn)
For more information click here
How do you repair the finish of a CF8i wall if becomes damaged?
How do you repair the finish of a CONFORM® wall should it become damaged?
CONFORM® can be repaired using the CONFORM® Repair Kit. The repair process is fast and clean and the finished repair work is unnoticeable! For more information click here
How does the CONFORM® compare price wise to other conventional construction materials?
CONFORM® compares very favorably with other concrete wall assemblies, including ICFs, block, precast and tilt wall construction. The CONFORM® system is even more cost effective if you leave the interior and exterior faces of the forms unfinished. Overall the CONFORM® system will certainly minimize your on site labor and equipment rental costs, while enabling you to deliver your project to your customer on time while ensuring a high level of overall quality.
How does the CONFORM® system go together?
CONFORM® interconnects by sliding components onto each other, from the top down. There are over 47 form styles in a variety of shapes and sizes that enable you to create straight walls, intersecting walls, corners, 45 degree angled walls and much more. All 4 product types are also interchangeable with each other.
Is the CONFORM® System approved by all major building codes?
Yes. CONFORM® meets all major US and Canadian building code requirements. The system has also been used and approved in over 60 countries worldwide. For more information click here
Is the CONFORM® System compatible with AutoCAD?
Yes. All CONFORM® components have been programmed in 3D for use with AutoCAD. Walls, windows, doors and openings can be drawn in 3D in both metric and imperial dimensions, and all operations are fully compatible with AutoCAD functions. This add-on tool bar, called CFD for AutoCAD, along with a wide selection of typical details, are available for download free of charge via the dealer section of our website.
What are the unloading instructions for RELINE?
Click Here to Download Instructional PDF
- Remove first row of Reline skids from dryvan using forklift
- Pull subsequent skids from dryvan by steel bar inserted at bottom of skid with chains/straps and drag to end of van
- Remove bar and unload skid using forklift
- Use forklift to pull skid out
- Use second forklift to move Reline skid
- If second forklift not available rest the end of the skid on a stand
What colors are the forms available?
All CONFORM® walls are available in White and Tan. RENU® and RELINE® are available in White only.
What finishes can be applied to CONFORM®?
Any conventional finishing material can be applied to the interior or exterior surface of a CONFORM® Wall, including:
- Drywall (glued or mechanically fastened)
- Paint (use approved PVC paint)
- Stucco (use approved primer coat before applying stucco to CONFORM® Walls)
- Vinyl Siding
- Brick, Stone, and Shake Veneers (glued or mechanically fastened)
- Wall Paper
For more information click here
What is CONFORM®?
is a finished stay-in-place concrete form that is used for load bearing and non-load bearing concrete walls, for above and below grade applications. The system is very versatile and can be used for a wide variety of applications including commercial, industrial, agricultural, and institutional. Forms are available in 5 different wall types: CF2 (2″ concrete wall), CF4 (4″ concrete wall), CF6 (6″ concrete wall), CF8 (8″ concrete wall) and CF8i (6″ concrete wall + 2″ of factory injected insulation). For more information click here
What is the R-Value of the walls? What is the insulation made from?
The CF8i wall provides an effective R-Value of R22 in a cold climate such as Minneapolis or Toronto, and R37 in a hot climate such as Phoenix, Arizona. The insulation is injected in our factory to ensure stringent quality control guidelines are met. The insulation is a fire resistant polyurethane foam. Rigid board wall insulation can also be fastened mechanically to the outside surface of any CONFORM® wall type for additional thermal performance.
What type of concrete is required?
Concrete mix with the following minimum specification is usually required:
- 28 day compressive strength – 3000 psi (20 MPA)
- 28 day compressive strength – 3500 psi (25 MPA) for freeze-thaw conditions
- Maximum aggregate size: 3/8″ (10 mm)
- 4 ½” (115 mm) slump at point of discharge
For more information click here
What’s the difference between CONFORM® and ICFs?
Technically the CF8i form could be considered an Insulated Concrete Form (ICF). That’s where the similarities end! CONFORM® differs in many ways from ICFs:
- CONFORM® is custom cut in our factory to the full height of the wall
- CONFORM® is very rigid which minimizes bracing and blowouts
- CONFORM® is finished on both sides
- CONFORM® is termite proof
- CONFORM® is mold and mildew resistant, making it ideal for vehicle wash and agricultural applications
- CONFORM® can be effectively used for very high walls and large scale commercial and industrial projects
- CONFORM® can be panelized into 8′ wide sections to minimize on site labor
- CONFORM® has integrated channels for running electrical conduit in the walls
- CONFORM® can be used for insulated and non-insulated walls
Where can I purchase the CONFORM® system?
Our full line of forms and liner panels are sold through a network of builder/ dealers. Please contact us
for a dealer near you.