Nuform Building Technologies Inc. (NUFORM™) supports the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005. This policy has been prepared to outline what the company must do to comply with the regulation and what our customers may expect from us, whether a person’s disability is apparent or not, everyone should be treated with courtesy, made to feel welcome, and have their need for accommodation respected whenever they interact with a NUFORM employee.
NUFORM strives at all times to provide its goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. NUFORM is also committed to ensuring that customers with disabilities receive accessible goods and services with the same quality and timeliness as others do.
Providing Goods and Service to People with Disabilities
NUFORM is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities and we will carry out functions and responsibilities in the following areas:
NUFORM will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. We will train our employees who communicate with customers on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- Telephone Services
NUFORM is committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our customers. We will train our employees to communicate with customers over the telephone in clear and plain language.
- Assistive Devices
NUFORM is committed to serving people with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our goods and services. We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
NUFORM is committed to providing accessible invoices to all of our customers. For this reason, invoices will be provided in specified formats such as hard copy, large print or e-mail upon request. We will answer any questions customers may have about the content of the invoice in person, by telephone or email.
- Engaging Customer Service
As an organization, we are committed to ensuring that our core values continue to guide us in every undertaking.
- NUFORM will ensure that the handicapped ramp and designated parking is accessible and free of snow and debris.
- We will ensure that all our employees are aware of our accessibility policy and that training has been provided to all employees providing direct service to our customers.
- Our Emergency Response Team will assist individuals with disability in the event of an evacuation.
Use of Service Animal and Support Persons
NUFORM is committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal or a support person. We will also ensure that all employees dealing with our customers, sub-contractors or the general public are properly trained on how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal or a support person.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption, NUFORM will provide all customers with notice. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative plan to continue operation, if available. The notice will be placed at all entrances including the shipping area of the building.
If the disruption is long-term, the company will post an announcement on the organization website to inform all customers of the location, duration of the disruption and alternate solutions.
Training for Employees
We will provide training to employees, who have direct interaction with our customers. The training will include the following:
- The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- How to effectively interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- Familiarize employees with personal assistive devices and train employees.
- Educate employees an ongoing basis when changes are made to these policies, practices and procedures.
Any questions about this policy can be directed to:
Nuform Building Technologies Inc.
100 Galcat Drive, Unit 2
Woodbridge, ON, L4L 0B9
OR electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org
OR by telephone (905) 652-0001, 1-877.747 WALL(9255)
OR by fax (905) 652-0002
We appreciate your feedback and will endeavor to respond to it in a timely manner.