Earn up to 15 LEED Points with the Eco-Friendly CONFORM® Wall Forming System
Nuform Building Technologies Inc. (NUFORM®) is committed to conserving natural resources and reducing the environmental impact of buildings. Our products are designed to be environment-friendly and energy-efficient, thereby providing a significant boost to your efforts at minimizing your carbon footprint.
What is LEED?
The LEED® Green Building Certification Program, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is an internationally recognized green building program that works to promote sustainability. It provides building owners and operators with a framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions.
For commercial buildings and neighborhoods to earn LEED certification, a project must satisfy all LEED prerequisites and earn a minimum 40 points on a 110-point LEED rating system scale. Homes must earn a minimum of 45 points on a 136-point scale.
Using the environment-friendly CONFORM® pre-finished wall system can contribute towards a possible 15 LEED points spearheading your certification process.
How CONFORM® supports LEED
- Less site space due to less scrap storage
- High Thermal Mass rating, high reflectivity and off-white color, low air leakage reduces building energy demand significantly
- Pre-fabricated components result in less wastage, plus recyclable minimal spare components can be re-used for other buildings
- CONFORM® is manufactured from at least 55% pre-consumer recycled material that is waste from other vinyl manufactured products
- Concrete used in the CONFORM® formwork is manufactured locally and uses local aggregates
- CONFORM® has low VOC
- CONFORM® is durable and low maintenance
LEED certification not only demonstrates your environmental responsiveness but also boosts your bottom line, making your business more competitive.
Key operational benefits that LEED-certified buildings enjoy:
- Lower operating costs and increase asset value
- Reduce waste sent to landfills
- Conserve energy and water
- Become healthier and safer environments for occupants
- Reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions
- Qualify for tax rebates, zoning allowances and other incentives in hundreds of cities
To assist builders, operators and owners who want to build “green” and maximize both economic and environmental performance, here is detailed information regarding the LEED contributions offered by CONFORM®.
The construction of buildings has a profound impact on our natural environment, economy, health, and productivity. NUFORM® innovative building solutions offer an environmentally-friendly way to build residential, commercial and industrial facilities while protecting your bottom line. We don’t just offer savings on construction costs, but lower your maintenance and energy costs throughout the lifecycle of our products.
Call NUFORM® at 1-877-747-9255 or request a quote online for leading green wall systems that offer LEED points and are validated by the UL Environment.